½ cup coconut flour
¼ cup almond meal
2 tsp baking powder
1tbs unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
2 tbs rice malt syrup (or honey)
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
¼ cup almond-coconut milk (e.g. Sanitarium So Good Almond-Coconut Milk Unsweetened)
Juice and zest of 1 lime
1 cup blueberries
- Combine coconut flour, almond meal and baking powder in a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk coconut oil, rice malt syrup, eggs, vanilla, almond-coconut milk and lime zest and juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until combined.
- Gently stir blueberries through the batter and spoon into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, until tops are browned.
The recipe can also be made into larger muffins (it will make approximately 6-8 larger muffins and may need to be baked for a few extra minutes).
Muffins are suitable to freeze.