The following recipe serves 2. If you're cooking for 1, enjoy leftovers the next day or simply halve the ingredients.
2 fillets (approx 150-200g each) of fresh white fish (e.g. snapper, perch, hoki or ling)
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground salt and pepper
zest of half a lemon
2 tbs chopped fresh parsley
2 tbs chopped fresh thyme
1 tbs chopped macadamia nuts
1 tbs chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place fish fillets on the tray and rub a teaspoon of the olive oil into each fillet. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine lemon zest, herbs and nuts in a small mixing bowl and press half of the mixture on top of each fillet.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until fish has turned from transleucent to opaque and the nut topping is browned.
- Serve with steamed veggies or salad of your choice.