- Steam sweet potato until just tender and allow to cool.
- Place shallots, pumpkin seeds and cooled sweet potato in a large bowl and stir gently to combine.
- Using a food processor, blend the avocado, parsley, mustard and lemon juice until smooth, adding a tablespoon of two of water to achieve a thin consistency.
- Pour avocado dressing into the bowl and toss gently to coat the salad ingredients.
- Serve as a side dish to your main meal of choice.
To make this salad into a quick lunch meal simply add 500g pre-cooked chicken (you could even use a store-bought BBQ for convenience) for a protein boost. Alternatively, try adding a can of tuna or 2 boiled eggs per person instead of chicken.