- serves 4 -
2 tbs grated fresh ginger
2 tsp dried turmeric
1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6-8 skinless chicken thighs (aim for 600g total weight)
1 small brown onion, cut into large chunks
1 tbs unrefined extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
- Combine ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs in the base of a large baking dish and sprinkle with spice mix.
- Pour over the juice of 1 of the lemons.
- Cut the remaining lemon into quarters and add to the chicken along with the juiced lemon and the onion.
- Drizzle with oil and bake at 180°C for 30-45 minutes, until chicken pieces are cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley before serving alongside vegetables or salad of your choice.
Steps 1 and 2 can be done the night before you plan on making this meal to cut down on preparation time. Simply leave the chicken and spice mix in the baking dish in the fridge overnight to allow flavours to infuse, then complete the remaining steps the next day.