1 small red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil (or olive oil)
1 small sweet potato, cubed (approximately 1 cup)
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
100g fetta, crumbled
1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes
6 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Fry the onion in the oil until softened.
2. Place onion, sweet potato, basil, fetta and tomatoes in the base of a baking dish lined with baking paper.
3. Whisk eggs with milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
5. Bake at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes, or until firm in the centre and browned on the top.
6. Serve with a side salad or extra vegetables of your choice.
Any combination of vegetables can be used (including frozen for convenience). You can even play around with different herbs and spices.
Can also be made as individual mini frittatas by baking in a muffin tin instead of the large baking dish.
Recipe is suitable to freeze. (This is a great strategy for busy people as you can make it over the weekend so you've got lunches or an easy dinner ready for during the week. Simple cut into individual portion and store in the fridge for a few days or up to 3 months in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave then crisp up for a few minutes under the grill if desired.)