Gluten free recipe with dairy-free and vegan options.
1/3 cup (75g) organic butter (or unrefined extra virgin coconut oil for a dairy-free/vegan option), melted
3 tbs (60g) brown rice syrup (or honey)
½ cup shredded coconut
¾ cup almond meal
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
½ cup flaked almonds
2 medium (approx 400g) Granny Smith apples, chopped
2 medium (approx 400g) pears, chopped
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Whisk the butter and brown rice syrup (or honey) together in a bowl.
- Add the shredded coconut, almond meal, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds. Stir until combined and set aside.
- Place the apples and pears in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water. Cook, covered, over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, until fruit is partly cooked but still relatively firm to the touch.
- Gently fold blueberries through the fruit mixture and pour into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top fruit with crumble mixture and bake at 180°C for 30-40 minutes, until golden.
- Serve warm with a dollop of plain unsweetened Greek yoghurt, if desired.